Welcome to Green Cloud!
Green Cloud is a cloud-based content management platform that assists in briefing and sharing information with Greens List barristers. It is a fast, cheap and efficient way for instructing lawyers and clients to deliver documents to a Greens List barrister.
If you have any questions about this service, please email - email@example.com
terms of services ("terms")
This document outlines the terms regarding your use of the Green Cloud services and use of the www.greencloud.greenslist.com.au website (“Site”).
These Terms are a legally binding agreement between you and Green Cloud Pty Ltd T/A Green Cloud (ACN: 642 614 006) ("We/Us"), so please read them carefully.
By using the Green Cloud service, platform and products or by registering for a Green Cloud account you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service for the services provided by Green Cloud and accessible through the Site (“Services”).
If you do not agree with these Terms, do not register as a user or continue to use the Site.
These Terms do not alter any relationship between you, any Greens List barrister, or Greens List Clerking Services Pty Ltd other than as it relates to your use of the Services.
- 1.1.You must be a registered user of the Services to use the Services.
- 1.2.Only you may use your Green Cloud account. You may not share, loan or transfer your user ID or password.
- 1.3.When registering to use the Services you must provide the correct information about you and (if appropriate) your Firm. You must maintain this information so it is at all times true and current.
- 1.4.The email address you enter on registration is the email address that will be used for all email communication regarding the Services. If you are a lawyer, then the email address provided must be your professional email address if that differs to any personal email addresses you may have.
- 1.5.You alone are entirely responsible for all documents and information that is provided to Green Cloud through use of your account or email address.
- 1.6If you become aware of any unauthorized use of the Services or your account, you must contact Green Cloud Support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2.1.We call all the electronic documents that you upload and store on your account "Content".
- 2.2.You grant Green Cloud the necessary rights to your Content that are reasonably required for it:
- (a) to provide the Services, including the storage of the Content and communications of the Content, or concerning the Content or Services, between you and the barrister(s) you choose to share it with;
- (b) to administer and maintain the Services; and
- (c) to comply with law.
- 2.3.You alone are responsible for:
- (a) ensuring that your use of the Services is lawful;
- (b) selecting the correct barrister(s) to share the Content with; and
- (c) ensuring that sharing the Content with the barrister(s) you select is lawful.
- 2.4.You may remove any of your Content from the Services at any time. It is your responsibility to communicate directly to any barrister concerning any copy of the Content that barrister has.
- 2.5.Green Cloud only examines the information contained within your Content to the extent reasonably required to provide the Services or as reasonably required for Greens List Clerking Services Pty Ltd to provide its barristers’ clerking services (which are not subject to these Terms).
- 3.1.The Services are provided and hosted by Amazon Web Services on secure servers located in Australia only.
- 3.2.All Content and your personal information is stored in Australia, but is accessible anywhere in the world via the internet to you (or anyone with your password or other authentication information), the barrister(s) you have selected to share the Content with, and as reasonably required for the administration and provision of the Services.
4acceptable use policy
- 4.1.You will not, nor will you encourage others or assist others to, harm the Services or Green Cloud or use the Services to harm others.
- 4.2.As part of our efforts to protect the Services, or to stop you from breaching these Terms we may:
- (a) block or otherwise prevent delivery of any type of file, email or other communication to or from the Services; and
- (b) restrict your access to the Services by any manner.
- 4.3.Green Cloud may determine in its sole discretion that it does not want to continue offering you access to the Services at any time for any or no reason. In that event, you will be notified and your account will be terminated or restricted. Green Cloud will preserve your Content for at least 14 days from the date of notification to you.
5consent to electronic communications
- 5.1. You consent to us sending you (including via email) information regarding the Services, such as: (a) notices about your use of the Services, including notices of violations of use; (b) updates to the Services and new features or products; (c) administrative messages and other information.
- 5.3.Any notices emailed to you will be considered given and received on the business day the email is sent.
6updates to the service
We can make necessary deployments of changes, updates or enhancements to the Services at any time. We may also add or remove functionalities or features, or we may suspend or stop the Services altogether.
7green cloud proprietary rights
- 7.1.All contents of the Site and Services, other than Content belonging to another person, belongs to or is lawfully used by Green Cloud.
- 7.2.You have no right or ownership of any of the Site and Services, save for a limited right to use the Services in accordance with these Terms and any rights to your Content.
8no warranty or conditions
- 8.1.We do not make any commitments about the specific functionality available through the Services, their reliability, availability, or ability to meet your needs.
- 8.2.For the avoidance of doubt and to assist in the interpretation of these Terms, the Services are analogous to the delivery of a paper brief to a barrister by a bonded courier or barrister’s clerk. Green Cloud is not in any way liable for any event that, had an analogous event occurred with a paper brief, would not have resulted in any liability.
- 8.3.To the extent not prohibited by law, Green Cloud and its affiliates: (a) provide the services "as is", "with all faults" and "as available"; (b) make no representations or warranties or conditions whether express or implied; and (c) do not guarantee that the services will be uninterrupted, error-free or free of harmful components, or that the Content will be secure or not otherwise lost or damaged.
- 8.4.If you are dissatisfied with any of the Services or these Terms, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the Services.
- 8.5.To the extent not prohibited by law, you will defend Green Cloud against any cost or liability whatsoever arising from any breach of these Terms by you or any third party demand or claim regarding information provided by you, or your use of the Services.
9changes to these terms
- 9.1. We reserve the right to modify these Terms.
- 9.2. If we make material changes to these Terms, we will notify you via the Services and/or by email to the address associated with your user account.
- 9.3. If you do not accept the changes, you must stop using and cancel your account by emailing email@example.com. Your continued use of our Services after we publish or send a notice about our changes to these Terms means that you are consenting to the updated Terms.
- 9.4. The current version of these Terms are as published by Green Cloud on the Site.